Smoked Old Fashioned Baked Beans Recipe
Try out this new twist on baked beans, brought to you by @cmac.cooks
- 2–28oz cans Bush’s Baked Beans
- 1–14oz can Cherry Pie Filling
- 1lb Italian sausage (med or hot)
- 1/2 medium white onion chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper chopped
- 1–2 jalapeño peppers chopped
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 16oz BBQ sauce (your choice)
- 1 Tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1 Tablespoon W Sauce
- 2 Tablespoons of your favorite BBQ rub
- Prepare smoker for indirect cooking at 275°F
- Open and drain the cans of baked beans. Brown the sausage with the onions and bell pepper., then add jalapeños.
- Pour the beans into a large dutch oven cast iron pot or tin. Add the sausage mixture along with the can of cherry pie filling. Stir gently to combine.
- Add the bbq sauce, brown sugar mustard, W sauce, and BBQ rub and gently stir again to incorporate.
- Add a couple Barrel Proof Bourbon Barrel blocks on the coals. Place the dutch oven/tin on the pit and smoke for 2 hours stirring occasionally.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
Keywords: bbq baked beans, smoked old fashioned, barrel proof